intimus 14 series Large Capacity Industrial Shredders
The intimus 14 Series Large Industrial Shredders are best-in-class for complete data destruction.
- The useful supplement to the large document shredder: shredded material is automatically compressed into compact bales
- Shredder and baler operate in tandem
- Shredder features see Model 14.95 S
- Shredder loading can be continued while baler is compressing the material
- Push button control for bale ejection
- Alternative of bale ejection into plastic sack for clean, dust-free transport and weatherproof packaging
- Compressing stroke is triggered automatically
- Visual "bale completed" signal and accompanying the cutting process is halted
- Two straps ensure stable bales
How much assembly is required when the item is delivered?
The item is completely assembled and mounted on a skid. The 14.95 just needs to be dismounted from the skid and moved to its work area. The 230V 3 Phase 30 amp NEMA male plug is included and installed on the end of the power cord at the factory.
Does it require an automatic oiler?
Automatic oilers are great at shredding material that creates additional heat when shredded. Regular office paper creates little heat when shredded and the oil interval to keep the cutting knives lubricated is based on time of operation. Material that is infused with non paper fibers, like triplicate forms, coated paper, and plastic sheet covers can cause additional heating where the automatic application of oil will keep the cutting knives cooler and extend their usable life.
Why is the baler located under the shredder in the 14 series units?
To save space and conveyor length, the 14 series shredders have available press balers custom fitted underneath the shredding head. This reduces the footprint of the machine by at least 50% over competitive units. The input to the baler from the shredder including the conveyor in the 14.87 models reduces paper dust particles from leaving the machine by 70% versus competing machines that convey the paper cuttings outside the machine to an adjacent press baler. This system with the baler underneath works well in low ceiling applications and our 14.87 has been deployed in standard shipping containers.