The Crusher is the fastest, lightest NSA/CSS EPL-listed hard drive and solid-state media destroyer on the market.
- Bends, breaks, and mangles hard drives, including data platters and other internal components, eliminating the risk of data recovery
- Destroys solid-state media, flash drives, USB thumb drives, and SSHD controller boards when used with optional intimus Destroyer
- Independently tested and certified to meet CE directives for safety, compatibility, and interference
- Lightest weight electric media destroyer on the market
- Crushes multiple drives at once
- Quiet, office-friendly design
- No hydraulics
How many drives can the Crusher process in per hour?
The intimus Crusher can destroy up to eight 2.5” hard drives at one time, and two 3.5” HDDs per 20 second cycle. This yields a total maximum throughput of 300 3.5” hard drives or 1,400 2.5” drives per hour.
How does the Crusher meet US DOD and NATO standards for emergency destruction?
“Bend,” “break,” and “mangle" are the keywords that define the visual state of a destroyed hard drive. The Crusher bends the hard drive platter, breaks the casing, and mangles the sensitive components of the drive.
Is all drive data erased when smashed by the Crusher?
The data on the HDD platters is written in the nanoscale. The Crusher does nothing to the data itself, other than to make it nearly impossible to read the data off of the drive. The NSA recommends physical destruction of a hard disk drive after it has been run through a degausser—a tool that demagnetizes magnetic media by blasting it with powerful magnetic waves, destroying the data contained on the media.